- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This is an extra large work. Each canvas is 122 cm x 92 cm- total height 122 cm - total width 290 cm (with two recommended 8 cm gaps).
Three Used Postage Stamp Images –
These three separate images are created from a total of approximately 8000 used postage stamps. They are varnished plus UV protection but must not be hung in direct sunlight. This tribute to Roy Lichtenstein began life as one single piece - that of the right hand canvas 'Double Barrel' BRAT. However having seen the scale of the whole triptych at Tate Modern in 2013 I felt I had devalued the power of his argument by limiting the design to a single canvas. Therefore I proceeded to work on two more canvases to complete the triptych.
My name is Peter R. Mason and I studied Fine Art at Stafford College of Art. I am now known as the Post Pop Art Man as I create images with used postage stamps. I am inspired by the Pop Art movement and particularly admire the works of Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol. My portraits and images are created by recycling postage stamps into pixelated images to create portraits and designs both figurative and non-representational. Each stamp represents a pixel. I start by drawing the image on canvas dividing the surface into stamp sized rectangles, but I often use more than one stamp per single rectangle. Stamps are sorted by colour, design and postmark pattern, and then I begin the process of finding appropriate stamps before cutting and shaping them and finally gluing them to the canvas surface. I have work owned and commissioned by clients in America, Australia, France, and Portugal as well as in the UK.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070