- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This painting depicts a timeless and careless moment of joy, a euphoric moment of spiritual connection and absolute love of life. A feeling that needs to be grasped and held onto.
The dandelion 'minutes' represent time suspended and transcended as the meadows and the sky spiral in towards a point of cosmic origin. The figure's head is tilted back in elation and her heart chakra radiates the bridging of earthly and spiritual aspiration. She wears her dress as the flowers wear their petals, a bright and alluring signal of budding new life and fertility. Butterflies attracted by the vibrant colour represent her soaring spirit and the transience of the moment.
Natured and nurtured amid the tranquil surroundings of rural Norfolk an affinity with the natural world is perhaps inevitable for me. Much of my childhood was spent out of doors cycling, walking and climbing trees. I was a contented and quietly creative child. An intense observer of the natural world around me, I could contemplate a simple object for hours gaining immense satisfaction out of drawing it as realistically as possible.
My creative and physical child traits led me to dancing. I studied Performing Arts at college and then Contemporary Dance and Fine Art at University. A career as a dancer then led me to discover the wonderful world of Aerial Circus Arts. For many years I performed various aerial disciplines from trapeze and silks to Wing-walking on biplanes as part of Britain's Aerosuperbatics Display Team. I found the aerial arts to be an exhilarating way to view and experience the world and it undoubtedly contributes to the way I so often depict figures floating or flying through space in my paintings.
Having travelled extensively and lived abroad for periods of time, I have had the fortune to witness some areas of astonishing natural beauty, my heart beckoning me all the time to express the awe I feel for the natural world. Experiences in Kenya and South Africa triggered a particularly significant phase of my creative journey. Compelled to capture some part of the splendour and fragility of this wilderness and its animals I spent a few years producing and exhibiting collections of detailed wildlife drawings. This greatly honed my skills of observation and draughtsmanship but I became eager to express how nature actually made me feel. This desire was reinforced by living in the Dominican Republic for a few months embedded in the heart of a Caribbean culture and landscape supremely more expressive and vibrant than that of my homeland. Since returning to England I have been moving away from the highly realistic rendering of my earlier largely monochromatic work towards more evanescent visions of colour, metaphor and imagination.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070