Acqua & Ignis
- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Acqua & Ignis were created in parallel.
Although these two elements are incomptatible, here they co-exist in harmony, they make one.
I am drawn to the colours which depict them, I love them, their textures and the movement. The liveliness transport you from one to the other.
To achieve my goal, I chose to use cold wax, oil paint, oil sticks, pan pastels without forgetting Plaster of Paris.
These have been designed to complement each other as a pair.
I have been passionate about art from a very young age.
My dream was to study art, but my dad strongly objected when I declared wanting to attend the Beaux-Arts in Paris. However, I was determined and had already decided that one day I would fulfil my ambition.
Once an adult, I signed up for art classes in France and, after moving to England, completed a Foundation Course at the Bournemouth & Poole College of Art and Design. After discovering encaustic wax, I attended the 2014 International Encaustic Conference, an annual event in Provincetown, Rhode Island.
My inspiration comes from listening to music of different styles according to my mood or emotions at the time. I experience synaesthesia and the music sparks colours and shapes, which I then use in creating my work.
I have travelled extensively and am always looking for shapes and pattern as a source of inspiration. I keep these ideas by snapping them on my iPhone or making quick sketches and building these into my abstract visions.
My art is not just visual, but also tactile. I design some of my work to have texture, so it can be touched and not just looked at!
Having studied history of art during my Foundation Course, I learnt to appreciate the works of the classical artists, but my personal choices go to modern artists. I particularly love the works of sculptors such as Henry Moore or Modigliani. One of my favourite places to visit is the Cass Foundation in England with its amazing outdoor pieces. Amongst many others, I love the works of painters such as Picasso, Miro, Rothko, Chagall, Francis Bacon, Dali, and Matisse and for my personal pleasure I have even made my own copies of a couple of the works of Picasso, Gauguin and Bacon.
I have worked with many media including textiles and printmaking but my key focus for the last 5 years has been encaustic wax, cold wax and some acrylic and watercolour.
I love building up my pictures in layers and encaustic wax or cold wax are perfect mediums to do that with. I make my own encaustic medium from beeswax and damar resin. I can then make my own encaustic paints, mixing this medium with dry coloured pigments or with oil bars.
I particularly like to layer the colours on top of each other and then scrape through them revealing the hidden colours underneath. I also incorporate other materials to create 3D paintings using organic materials, plaster of Paris, fabrics to create depth.
My outlook on art is characterised in two quotes. The first one being from Picasso: “Every child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once he/she grows up” and the second one is from Robert H Schuller: Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines”
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070