- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Acrylic watercolour on a canvas board painting of the Argyll coastline and landscape from the seaside town Oban bay on the western coast of the Scottish highlands. This work is unframed and is a square format. Thus work is a one off and not part of a series. All works are well packaged and delivered quickly usually within three days in the uk.
I was Born in Edinburgh and grew up in Stirlingshire before I Studied fine art - drawing and painting at Edinburgh college of art then returning to Stirling to work part - time teaching in primary schools and out reach programmes while also part - time painting within a w.a.s.p.s studio in the old town of Stirling where I exhibited nationally in many major open exhibitions as well as local exhibitions and solo exhibitions in Edinburgh. I am Currently living and working in Oban the sea - side town on the west coast of the Scottish highlands drawing inspiration from the Argyll and Islands coastline and landscape. Concerntrating on seascape and currently landscape in particular the dramatic and rugged and geological format of the land. The ever changing weather is also a constant within my work and how this changes the view and atmosphere of the landscape that surrounds us. My studio is in the heart of Oban town centre overlooking Oban bay and the western Isles of Kerrera, Isle of Mull and the Isle of Lismore a constant inspiration on its own on bad weather days. On good days I will travel to the Islands and surrounding areas taking photographs and sketching for future development in the studio. I work at the moment pro - dominantly in acrylic watercolour, ink and oil though mixed media, collage and print making is also areas that I occasionally venture into. Drawing is also a strong feature of my work where linear, charcoal, ink and pastel are my preferred mediums. Although landscape is a preferred subject matter at the moment I do also work with in figurative and portraiture subject matter at times. Usually this work concern the human condition dealing with issues of emotion, love, loss, depression, death, mental health and other relevant social statements and I tend to use this subject matter in the drawing form on paper. In the future I hope to paint full time and return to national and international exhibiting.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070