The Day We All Stood Together
- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This painting was inspired by a combination of sketches of the Irish landscape, memories and imagination. It is part of a series of paintings in which I restricted the number of colours used in each one. The painting was built up layer by layer to add texture and then scraped back in parts to reveal the layers underneath.
Martina Furlong was born in Co.Wexford, Ireland in 1974, moved to London in 1999 and returned to live in Ireland in April 2015. She received a BA (Hons) in Fine Art Painting from Limerick School of Art and Design in 1996.
She has had solo and group exhibitions in America, London and Ireland and her work is in private collections across the world.
I paint colourful, textured landscapes and abstracts in oils and acrylics. My paintings are inspired by the beauty, ruggedness and magical quality of the Irish landscape as well as many other intriguing things I encounter every day.
In my work I like to mix reality with memories and imagination and paint my own interpretation of it. I exaggerate colour, apply layer upon layer of paint, then work back into the surface with various tools as well as pallet knives and brushes to create sensuous works of art with a wonderful tactile quality.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070