- Artists work
- Exhibitions and Awards
- Delivery details
"My artistic work has always been about one thing; capturing emotion. I find myself often more interested in capturing the internal essence of my subject rather than purely their shape or form.
In direct conflict with this is my natural disposition to make all work autobiographical. The subject mutates into the deeper reaches of my subconscious."
Born in South Africa but raised in South London. I Spent my teenage years a street graffiti artist, playing in a metal band rebelling against authority destined for not such great things and then a drastic change happened when I was 16. A Magazine gave away a free CD of Mozart. I had never heard classical music and was just hooked on the emotional intensity of the music. I packed in Graffiti Art and Metal Band went to the local library and took out books on scoring orchestration and composition. Taught myself and by the time I was 19 I was on TV and Newspapers for having scored and performed three operas in one year. I ended up doing my masters at the Royal College of Music and have been a multi platinum music producer songwriter since then writing with Troye Sivan, Dido, Dua Lipa, Migos, Spice Girls, Eurielle. The latest project is I have co-written the whole of Didos new album.
A few years ago I found the need to do art again. I needed that emotional outlet that I find pop music was not giving me. I came across Oil Paint which I had never been exposed to as a kid as I didn't really go to the kind of school with a decent art department. Once I discovered oil paint it was a revolutionary moment in my life because I had found the ultimate avenue to express emotion. Painting now is my obsession and first love. I only paint with the emotion in mind, technique is secondary to what I am trying to achieve and sometimes I will scratch away and bash a canvas until I see the intensity in the face Im looking for and sometimes I will hit upon it in a few strokes. When ever I see the emotion I want, I stop and put down the brush.
5 open listings
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070