- Artists work
- Exhibitions and Awards
- Delivery details
(1952) Ron Fortier, the son of a Portuguese mother and a Canadian father, is an American artist living in Portugal. Retired from a 40+ year career as a Marketing and Advertising practitioner and educator in the United States, he has returned to painting, his original career goal, and exhibits internationally.
He is originally from New Bedford, Massachusetts, USA. and received his BFA in painting in 1975 from the University of Massachusetts. In 1977, he received his MFA in Painting from the University of Miami on a full-ride scholarship.
Ron Fortier has participated in various group and individual exhibitions in the United States. In 2011, he returned to painting in earnest and has exhibited consistently since then with three solo shows in Europe since 2016.
He currently lives and works in Fairhaven, Massachusetts and maintains another studio in Buarcos, Figueira da Foz on the Silver Coast of the Portuguese mainland. To view more of his work and for more information visit: www.ronfortier.net
When I’m asked why did I want to be an artist, well I don’t remember wanting to be anything else. I am a painter. That in itself is a statement.
I still believe, as Picasso believed, that I must be, “…always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” That is the only way to grow as an artist; to give up on the illusion of control and to understand that success comes from facing the conflicts existing between our desires and reality.
I don't title my paintings. What may be referred to as the title is actually a simple catalog number with letters indicating the batch or series, the number of the painting in the series and the year painted.
All paintings are signed on the back with "title" and my chop stamp.
25 open listings
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070