- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Heavy, textured acrylic on 40x30 cm stretched canvas, some bronze metallic areas.
Painted around the edges.
Coated in UV resistant glossy varnish for added protection and longevity.
Usually dispatched the next working day via tracked service
Signed and dated on the back.
UK based aspiring artist. Drawing inspiration from everything that surrounds me. My medium of choice is acrylic but I work regularly with watercolours, inks, pastels (soft and oil) and occasionally oils. I paint, draw or sketch everyday with rare exceptions and I learn something new with every brush stroke. My work is quite diverse as I am a rather curious person and tend to experiment a lot; However, I've always been captivated by expressionist, semi-abstract figurative art and most of my work reflects this. I'm drawn to unique shapes, unusual subjects, odd angles and interesting perspectives. I have a preference for forceful expressive brush strokes, bold palette knife applications (impasto) and painterly marks paired with a limited colour palette that captivate the eye. I find beauty in almost anything, especially that which is not seen as traditionally beautiful, that which stands against the norms. Hence, I'm fascinated with gloomy, haunting, unsettling scenes that elicit a sense of melancholy and despondency. In consequence, my paintings have been criticized by some on account of bleakness which has influenced me to create brighter paintings occasionally.
I am vastly self taught, although I've had a few artist friends around who've made the learning journey a lot easier. I have no formal artistic education, my academic background being in psychology. I hold a master's degree in Forensic Psychology and I've been working in Mental Health since 2016, this being the reason why some of my works bear psychological themes. My favorite paintings would be at the border between reality and magic with strange characters, eerie, mysterious atmosphere and surrealist elements. I'm most fulfilled when I've managed to paint uncertainty, doubt and mystery whilst maintaining a simple composition and a single focal point. I use paint to express that which words fail to, the ineffable.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070