- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Explosive bursts form a fragmented structure with rays of light showing through.
Mainly yellow and purple.
This artwork is signed on the back.
A signed Certificate Of Authenticity will be included with the painting.
For orders outside the UK all duty fees or addition taxes are the responsibility of the buyer.
One of a kind artwork
Size: 31.5" x 31.5"
This artwork is sold unframed
My original artworks are one of a kind.
Please feel free to message me if you have any questions regarding my artwork. This painting would really look great hanging in any home or office interior.
Materials used: Acrylics, acrylic mediums on very deep gallery wrapped canvas. ready to hang
All art is carefully packaged and sent insured and tracked.
Kris Mercer works from her home studio in Ravenshead, Nottinghamshire.
She studied Art and Design as a mature student at Mansfield Art College leaving with a distinction in 1996.
Although accepted on a Fine Art Degree course in Derby, Kris spread her wings and moved to Cyprus to pursue her artistic endeavours.
Returning back to the UK in 2000 she had been working on both figurative and abstract works. Gaining awards and recognition at home and in the USA.
As the years progress with eyesight and dexterity both on the wain Kris has been forced to reassess her working relationship to her art.
She has now settled into a new regime doing less of the figurative works with abstracts taking centre stage.
Today, Kris resides in Nottinghamshire and displays her art at exhibitions and juried shows around the country.
In 2016 she was placed 2nd in the Innovative Art section of the American Art Awards and also won a Derwent Award. 2017 saw her win a Clairefontaine award and The Artist exhibition award.
Action painting of the New York school figures heavily in a lot of the works but in her own style without so much emphasis on the "action"
More a dynamic type of painting that involves the deliberate application of considered sweeping brushstrokes and the accidental effects that occur from the gradual build up of dripping and pouring paint onto the canvas.
The pouring of the paint led to a new type of abstract where the brush is no longer required. These are more vibrant and colourful with a flat shiny surface.
The 2 styles go hand in hand because although they may look very different they both use the same techniques and materials.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070