- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
The title comes from the writings on the scraps of paper glued to the canvas. Old tattered books rescued from the recycle bin at the local charity shop.
This would be great for a monochrome style with added highlights of pink.
UK-based Kris Mercer is an award-winning painter with an eclectic taste and has for over thirty years been working on abstract and representational works.
She has a passion for abstract expressionism and the unexpected outcomes that it presents. Her new series seek to explore colour and shape through energetic, incidental brushstrokes. Dripping and pouring paint onto the canvas, she is motivated by probability and expectation as artistic tools.
Her representational work, on the other hand, is traditional with a contemporary twist. A passion for architecture, a casual interest in people watching and a lifelong love of photography are the inspiration for many of the paintings.
A limited palette of colours is context driven by scene.
Her work is held in collections in the UK, USA, Europe and Australia.
She studied Art and Design as a mature student at Mansfield Art College leaving with a distinction in 1996.
Although accepted on a Fine Art Degree course in Derby, Kris spread her wings and moved to Cyprus with her twin daughters to pursue her artistic endeavours.
Returning back to the UK in 2000 she had been working on both figurative and abstract works. Gaining awards and recognition at home and in the USA.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070