- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This painting originated from my association with dancers and is inspired by Jane Dudley. It depicts a woman at a crossroads in her life. The style is impressionistic using an incising technique. Mixed media using inks and tempera. Sold in a generic protective frame.
I studied ceramics, with life drawing, at Southampton College of Art, 1971-1974. I was a professional potter for 20 years, while continuing with life drawing and painting. Dancers were a decorative motif on individual pieces such as large bowls and plates.
I completed a Community Dance Leaders course, in creative dance, at the Laban Centre, 1989-1991. Therefore, dance and figures are my main subject matter.
My style is impressionistic. I use a mixed media approach: inks, tempera, PVA glue and bleach. I work on paper and canvas. All canvases are treated with protective varnish.
My partner is a dancer (Founder of Phoenix Dance Company) whom I have sketched in rehearsal, many times, and use these images in some of my work.
I worked with psychiatric patients at The Retreat, York, running informal art sessions. It was during this time, in 2015, that some of my clients encouraged me to paint again.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070