- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
A winter scene with flurries of snow; showing London buses, foot traffic, Saint Mary’s church and a residential apartment building.
Because of the cold, I did a series of sketches & photos.
These were the notes for the painting on canvas.
Lucille lives around the corner from our gallery in Pimlico, London.
Lucille was born in Aukland, New Zealand. She arrived in London in 1983 and has lived and worked here
ever since. She has exhibited in London, Frankfurt, Damstadt, Aukland and Firenze. Commissions include painting for Angate plc in connection with building the new Home-office in London.
Lucille also has a soft spot for Malta, visits it often, has been commissioned there several times and has a lovely circle of friends.
Lucille: "I have two subjects both linked inextricably - The first being people; I find them most attractive to record when they are relaxed - sitting, talking, eating, walking, waiting, watching - This all takes place inside or outside some sort of building. "
The backdrop of an old city like London or Rome is perfect. The endless layering of architectural styles and their juxtaposing continues to fascinate me. One of the best ways to see them is on a bus, or on foot.
To convey the humor, humanity and spirit of the people and buildings is what matters to me."
Her work is often built up from frozen moments in time that are slightly off kilter. Bridges being one of the favourite subjects of Lucille’s paintings.
Lucille’s individual style of water colours is unique and quirky, with humour coming through in all her art, vivifying the work.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070