- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Part of a still life series using a single light source. Inspired by the early dutch masters.
Oil painting on panel and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
The painting will be wrapped in acid free tissue. And protected with layers of bubble wrap.
Custom fees and duties vary with each country. And are the responsibility of the recipient. Please note that the artist has no knowledge or control over the fees.
George Damerum - Copyright © All rights reserved.
A London based artist, George has been producing detailed, figurative work for many years now.
Growing up in Pimlico close by to Tate Britain, gave him an excellent opportunity to study many great works in detail.
It would be true to say that several artists have influenced him. Artists like Willem Kalf and his still life works. Also the simple and honest paintings of the Pre Raphaelites. Taking the imitation of nature for their inspiration.
Being a self taught painter, his fascination with oil painting started at the age of 10. Finding simple, everyday objects and then depicting them in an extraordinary way. Or it could be capturing a fleeting glimpse in a portrait. Taking care with composition and lighting in his studio.
He studied graphic design at St Martin's College and worked as a graphic artist for many years. But now, having left the hectic world of advertising behind, he devotes all his energy to pursuing this passion.
George has exhibited at various galleries around London, Essex and Kent. And has won prizes in shows at his former company HQ.
His work is now held in private collections in Australia, Japan, UK, and the USA.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070