- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
An abstract landscape painting inspired by mood rather than imagery. The painting was built over many colour washes of acrylic glazes with wax pastel lines added.
The box canvas has been painted around the edges in a complementary colour. Hooks and picture hanging cord are attached so the canvas is ready for hanging. The painting comes with a signed certificate of authenticity.
The painting has been varnished with a light varnish to protect it from sun damage and dust.
Please note that the image of the painting in a home interior setting is for demonstration purposes only and not to scale.
After a long career in higher education I discovered two new passions in my life in 2006: art and psychotherapy. I retrained as a therapist and have been continuously working towards improving my artistic output ever since that ‘Eureka’ moment. The most obvious connection between these two professions is the preoccupation with emotions. In my therapeutic work I talk about emotions; in my art I aim to translate emotions into visual markers on canvas.
Much of my earlier range of work was influenced by my psychotherapy training; the pieces were concerned with memories and dreams peeling away at them layer by layer. The work that followed were abstract representations of landscapes finding inspiration in the beauty of the outside world: gentle landscapes in the UK, the Arctic Circle, the warm and fiery tones of Mediterranean countryside, dramatic skyscapes and the movement of the sea and the dramatic beauty of flowers.
Viewers often comment on the strong colours that I use in my work. Observing nature offers the inspiration for the vivid greens, magentas and yellows that are frequently found in my work. Try as I might I struggle to work in monochromes – colour always creeps in and takes over. There is a joyfulness to experimenting with colour that is very rewarding for me.
Each of my pieces is unique and takes time to develop. I aim to lend as much ‘feel’ to my paintings as possible, ‘controlling’ the painting as much as possible while also allowing for more spontaneity and risk by applying paint in a variety of ways: smudging, scraping, flicking, squeezing and rubbing paint onto the canvas, scratching paint off and re-starting the process. The process thus mirrors the natural eroding process that happens in the development of landscapes.
My work has been sold to art collectors internationally with many returning customers.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070