- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This is a highly textured encaustic painting in black, white and yellow, on wood panels that are pieced together, creating a piece that is 24” square.
Encaustic paint is made from a combination of beeswax, pigment, and damar, and is worked by heating and melting the materials. Encaustic paintings are very durable (examples remain from ancient Egypt) but they are susceptible to high temperatures, so they should not be hung in a place which may get excessively hot, such as near a radiator or in direct sunlight.
I am an abstract painter whose work is influenced by the landscape of my home in upstate New York. I am inspired by the geometry of aerial views of farm lands, and the shapes of manmade structures such as barns, silos, and roads, alongside the natural topography of mountains, trees and rivers.
Other influences include 70’s graphic design, and African textiles, especially Kuba grass weavings from the Congo, and mud cloth from Burkina Faso (I lived in both African countries as a child).
My preferred medium is encaustic paint (pigmented wax and damar) on wood panels, often working with the shape of the square, using it alone and in grids, utilizing a restricted palette. In my grid paintings, the panels are arranged and reassembled to create satisfying compositions that feel as if they have come about by chance, but are in fact the product of many hours of deliberation.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070