- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Just to prove that I can paint real things too :).
This painting was a commission received from a good friend and work colleague of my brother. Brian spends a lot of his work days travelling the world. He has spent many months back and forth from Russia among other places. When in Russia he has stayed with and has been looked after by a Russian family, and by way of a thank you he asked me to do 2 paintings that he could present to them as a gift.
This painting is called 'Her Fisherman and His Wife' which is a simple play on title of the German fairy tale The Fisherman and his Wife. Fishing being a great past-time of the Russian family who live within the Arctic Circle in Monchegorsk in the Murmansk Region of Russia, on the Kola Peninsula. The painting was taken from a photgraph which I include within the images here.
TESTIMONIAL from actor Adrian Lester :
I wasn't sure I wanted to buy a painting until I saw Rise and Shine on the web. I checked the picture over on the website and really liked what I saw. The picture as shown on the web is vibrant. But, In reality it is even more so. It seems to pull the viewer in. I'm very happy with it and every intention of picking up some more in future.
Yours, Adrian Lester
I am the creator of unique, beautiful seascapes and beach scenes, rich in atmosphere and texture. Taking inspiration from 10 years of living just a stone’s throw from Hove beach, the paintings, sometimes dark, offer the viewer a sense of beauty, solitude, space and calm.
My early work was generally non-representational, though sometimes inspired by things seen in the natural world, abstract in form, vibrant in colour and experimental. Emphasis was strongly placed on flow and movement of paint, balance and textures, often set against a geometric backdrop. The spontaneous and energy sapping nature of the process I had developed, I worked one step from beauty and one step from disaster. I enjoy the elements of the unknown and the unpredictable within these works.
These two distinct and unique styles of work, whilst wholly different, compliment each other both visually and emotionally. For myself, as an artist, they offer greatly contrasting processes and outlets for my creative and artistic outpourings.
My paintings have sold to private collectors both domestically and internationally (Australia, America, Germany, Italy, Russia), including UK TV (Hustle), Stage and Film actor Adrian Lester. Commissions in recent years have seen my work diversify away from my chosen themes to animal and human portraiture, and landscape scenes.
In 2004 my 'Creamy Chocolate Overflow' abstract painting was, by public vote, chosen as Runner Up in the 'art at five Gallery' Brighton Artist of the Year competition.
'The Beach: Still Life II' was displayed as a poster on London's Embankment Tube Station in 2007.
My figurative painting 'The Miracle' received the 'Colin Pringle Award' in January 2016 from the Facebook Page 'Work of Art World' - selected as the individual best painting for January 2016, chosen from several hundred paintings shared in their Weekly Work of Art contest.
For my paintings I use the high end 'Golden' brand of acrylic paints and mediums.
From events, emotions and feelings from my personal life. From what I see and observe around me in the natural world. From the music that has been the soundtrack to my life and that which I immerse myself in when I paint.
For me, the evocation of feelings, of moods and of forgotten memories that the viewing experience can create and bring forth from within one's self, are as important as the physical paintings themselves.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070