- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Collection 'Faces and Figures' 2018 Summer.
Direct print on mounting plate with a matt finish. Mounted in a 31mm white or black solid wood floater frame with aluminium wall mounts, Size W45.1 x H41.3cm (52.8x48.9cm outer dimensions), ready to hang. Certificate of authenticity. Signed by the artist.
I work from my gallery/studio which is an 18th-century bodega (Vineyard) high in the Spanish Sierras and close to Alicante. It was once the only bodega (wine producer) in the area. When not in Spain, my home is Bradford on Avon in the picturesque county of Wiltshire in the United Kingdom. where I run and own 'Scirocco Art Gallery'
I like to question and constantly expand boundaries and I'm told that my art is boldly stated resulting in a unique look and feel, lucid enough to give shape and form yet elusive enough to encourage a deeper and harder look. My Art moves with moods and often as a result of lucid dreams.
''the importance that lighting plays in any picture''
My career began in the 80's as a freelance photographer in London (my home town) which advanced me to world travel and relocation in many beautiful countries. For a few years during the 80's I lectured part time in Photography and Design at a college of Art and Design in Hampshire, U.K which was a rewarding experience. During these years I gained an MA in Photography which served me well in the technical area, but style and natural expression comes from within.
As a published photographer I know the importance light plays in any picture. Good use of light is able to elevate the theme or subject giving a visual focus. Correct lighting also gives life to a portrait, so perfectly illustrated by 17th century Dutch artist, Johan Vermeer as seen in his painting, The Girl with a Pearl Earring. Publishers include J.A Dixons (UK), Danacard (Holland), EMI (Australia) record sleeves and various newscorps.
Returning to art & photography in 2011, my artwork today is often soft focused but with heavily textured backgrounds, some hard lighting and mainly colour themed. Often the protagonist faces away from the 'camera', looking into total darkness or pose as a silhouette without identity. I cannot categorise my work as I find it difficult to restrict my creative ability to a category, to my mind, this defeats creation. I'm happy to write that my work has become quite collectable and my focus in 2018 is on producing collections.
Recently, a reclusive period in my life was incredibly enlightening, it turned dark to light, a profound insight into life. I experience lucid dreams frequently and they inspire my moods as can music. I discovered solace in my work as I embraced both the lighter and darker sides to humanity which I hope is reflected in my art today. My artwork is collectable, original and uniquely created.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070