- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
“Over the Deepest Ocean” is an ethereal abstract seascape oil painting 50 x 50cm (20 x 20 inches) on a 4cm (1.5 inch) deep canvas. Painted after spending time in Cornwall in and watching the colours on the sea. The title is from a Van Morrison song
It's painted in shades of blue, metallic turquoise and white. The paint is layered and blended and textured in parts, the sides of the artwork are painted white and it is signed on the back. It’s ready to hang and comes with a signed and dated Certificate of Authenticity.
Julia is an abstract painter inspired by nature and music, particularly land and sea. Her latest paintings are abstract sunsets using colour to express light reflecting onto water. Julia paints from memory and her vivid artworks evoke a great feeling of place.
She always listen to music when painting and feel that this has a strong influence on the finished work. Julia has chosen song lyrics from Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Crosby Stills & Nash, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Pink Floyd and David Bowie amongst others to title her paintings. She feel that a snippet of a song lyric as a title gives the painting extra depth.
"Many of my paintings are inspired by light on water. I have always loved the sea and my childhood holidays were spent in a caravan in Wales, where we spent a lot of time on beautiful windswept beaches looking at the ocean and sheltering from the British Summer. I went to college in Brighton to do my BA in Fine Art, where my love of the sea grew and I now try and spend as much free time as I can contemplating the coast, despite living in London! The Welsh coastline is still very special to me, as is Cornwall, which is now one of my favourite places in the whole world to visit and watch the light change on the sea. Many of my paintings are inspired by Prussia Cove in the wild West of Cornwall, a place I return to year after year."
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070