- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
I live and paint in the New Forest which is steeped with history. After the Norman invasion of 1066 the area was designated as a royal hunting ground by William the Conqueror in 1079 protecting the deer population as a 'noble' animal of chase and could only be hunted by a royal hunting party. Later two of Williams sons died in the New Forest, local folklore say it was punishment for William's crimes.
As I walk through the woodland I can't help but be in awe of these beautiful majestic creatures which still roam in an abundance. And coming face to face with a fallow stag is a memory I will never forget.
With my close encounter being my inspiration, the technique of creating the antlers in 24ct gold leaf which is partly painted over and hidden is inspired by the deers forgotten history which intertwined them so closely with nobility, and protected the land to create the New Forest we know today.
My finger tip painting style lends it self well to capturing the deer's bold colours, with the paint mixed directly on the canvas I am able to add bold textures leaving my mark in every finger stroke I make. Watch the time-lapse creation below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrUHrB_coI&t=3s
I’m a landscape and wildlife artist based in the heart of the New Forest, creating vibrant art in a mix of impasto, impressionism and bright fauvism style artwork. As I work I feel I capture the mood and character in the colours. Bright, bold and beautiful.
My love for nature and wildlife runs deep, from my childhood growing up exploring and surfing the Gower in Wales to raising a family in the heart of the New Forest Hampshire. The foundation of my inspiration derives from the fluid motion of frothing waves which is a constant in my painting style and is reflected in both my landscapes and wildlife work.
At times I can't help myself, painting at speed I work the oil paint by finger tips straight from the tube, working movement into the paint and mixing the colours directly on the canvas. I leaving both thick strokes leaving the swirling part blended colours for all to see, to touch and mimic, and visualise me at work.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070