- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Geranium (part of a group of five paintings) represents a celebration of restored good sight after various problems.. I have used oil paints with particular interest in the tones and colours of the background.
I was born in Barnsley, Yorkshire in 1926. I taught languages at Filton Tecnical College in Bristol all my working life.
When I retired I devoted my time to studying art which has always been my main interest. I studied at the Open College of Art for two years, followed by another two years at Marlborough College with the same tutor. I then studied for a year with the London College of Art where I received a Distinction. Further courses in Spain gave me a new impulse into using vivid colours and patterns within natural forms.
I have been blind in one eye since the age of forty and recently have had problems with my good eye. Some of these paintings that l’m showing in LumiArts are a celebration of returned good sight.
I work in oils, oil pastels, chalk pastels, pen and ink, water-colour and encaustic waxes.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070