- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Oil on canvass on stretcher frame. Arnold Circus in London is famous for being the very first housing project in London and for having this central communal space built up with a band stand on top of it. I have been to a few functions there and often walk past it. It looks quiet different at different times of the year and I hope this painting gives off something of the feeling of this place. It took ages to get the drawing right and is relatively thickly painted in places as I made several changes to the drawing and layout over a number of years.
l live and work in London UK. After working in a variety of mediums for many years I have gone back to my first loves; painting and drawing. I was born in Zimbabwe but spent most of my youth and early adulthood in South Africa, I moved to the UK with my parents when they returned in 1992. I spent almost a decade in various parts of Scotland. I also completed my studies here. I moved to London in 2001 when I was awarded a place on a long term artist residency programme. I have remained in London since as this place reminds me of all the places I have lived. As someone who has been travelling since a small child I have a full understanding of what it means to be an alien in a foreign environment. Some of my experiences have been tough. I make art work to simultaneously escape and acknowledge my real life experiences. I want my paintings to reflect my alienation from the world around me along with my desire to be a part of it and my delight in it. The "Urban Cathedral" series is full of people many of whom are aliens like me enjoying their exposure to cosmopolitan and fascinating city environments. I also want my work to show how torn apart I have been left feeling from years of travel and uncertainty while demonstrating the animal desire for survival that drives me forward and that has enabled me to believe in a better existence. The "Edge of the city" series is a collection of mythical beings in fantastic worlds conjured up out of my travels and my life experience. I have paintings, prints and drawings in several private collections in; South Africa, the Isle of Skye, Aberdeen and London. I have a gouache painting in the Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh archive as part of a John Kinross Scholarship to Florence in Italy. I also have photographs in the Acme Studios London archive and video works with the Live Art Development Agency, London. I have won several awards, residencies, bursary's and commissions.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070