- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Framed oil painting of a rock pool in Zadar, Croatia. The painting depicts people bathing and enjoying the amazing summer weather amidst the natural beauty of the rocks, sea and mountainous islands. The painting was painted en plein-air.
George Thomas grew up in Gloucestershire attending Dean Close School, Cheltenham and completing an Art Foundation at SGS College Stroud. At the age of 17 he began drawing caricatures at the local farmers' market in Stroud. His artistic ability has been widely recognised and he has been hired to draw caricatures at many events across the UK.
George is also an accomplished martial artist and from the age of 14 he would train 5 evenings a week after school. He has competed at a semi-professional level in MMA (cage-fighting) as well as competing at an amateur level in Kickboxing and Freestyle Wrestling. Despite his success as an amateur fighter his passion for art led him to move to London at the age of 20 to further pursue his studies and career as an artist.
He enrolled at the London Atelier of Representational Art (LARA) 2014 – 2017 to study traditional painting and drawing techniques. He greatly enjoys painting from life and has travelled to various countries in Europe and South America to draw the people and paint new horizons. Including climbing a flat top mountain on the Venezuelan-Brazilian border where he painted a watercolour using water collected from a mountain stream, and painting in the snow in the Pyrenees Mountains. He is fascinated by the array of visual and cultural differences around the world and often chooses to visit areas that are off the tourist trail where he can learn more and experience the local cultures. He is currently based in Battersea and takes portrait and landscape commissions.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070