- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Limited edition giclee print on high quality heavy Hammermuhle paper. The excitement of the freedom your first set of wheels brings, Out with friends and meeting new one's, finally spreading your wings
I am a professional artist who lives and works in Newcastle.
My early years were spent in the famous mining town of Ashington, home of the world cup winning Charlton brothers, which is where I picked up the nickname 'Deetz', don't ask me why Deetz, I think it was something to do with a footballer from way back when. I still sign my work with the name.
We moved to the mining village of Ellington when I was 9yrs old and remained there for nearly 40yrs until I moved to my current home on the outskirts of Newcastle
I started drawing at school and just carried on really. Drawing had always been a hobby of mine, but after being made redundant, I decided to make my hobby my full time profession. How lucky am I having a job and hobby rolled into one, no more is it a chore to go to 'work'
As I have progressed, my work and mediums have evolved with me, and now I almost exclusively paint in oil.
The inspiration for my work comes from my childhood memories of everyday life, playing out in the streets and back lanes in typical northeast mining towns and villages. My hope is that through my work, I can help to keep alive those memories of a time now sadly gone.
My work is sold in galleries the length and breadth of the country, so hopefully you can get to see my work in a gallery near you.
I hope you enjoy my work
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070