- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Limited edition prints on acrylic glass.
Size: 60x 80cm / 2014
Each print is signed, dated and numbered by Johny Dar on the front or back side (per your request). Certificates of authenticity are provided.
The series is limited to 10 prints per look.
The Horse Whispers series by Johny Dar is a powerful fusion of art and nature, and an inspiring vision of faith and inspiration expressed through the majestic beauty of the horse.
Bader was the first horse ever to be body painted for a photo series, and was painted and photographed by Johny Dar in 12 different styles, each revealing a different element of his personality and distinct 'whisper' of inspiration. Each artistic expression was dependent on Bader's mood on the day he was painted. This was possible through an intimate process that occurred between Johny and Bader, as Bader came to trust Johny and the process of being painted, and Johny came to understand the different sides of Bader's unique personality.
Horse Whispers has been featured in Harper's Bazaar Art, GEO, Madame, Der Spiegel, Schoen! Magazine, Elucid Magazine, Superior Magazine, Equistyle, Flair and many more. The images have since been crafted into a single visual story in the form of an every-year calendar, following Johny's previous limited edition calendar 'Tuuli by Dar', photographed by Rankin.
In addition to the official Horse Whispers exhibition at the Johny Dar gallery in Berlin, Horse Whispers has been featured at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) in Beijing as a groundbreaking collection of expressions in body art.
A video of the Horse Whispers launch event at the Sofitel St James in London is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3crHqtrc_fQ
Johny Dar is an artist, designer, musician and director pioneering original forms of artistic expression through fine art, fashion, music and multimedia. His groundbreaking creative work in art, fashion, music and multimedia is at the vanguard of artistic innovation today, and has been hailed as a budding new renaissance within the entertainment industry, attracting international acclaim across a wide range of industries and media.
Dar was born in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1978. Growing up, he nurtured dreams of becoming a filmmaker, convinced from an early age that he had a vision to share. Discovering his talent for design, he moved from New York to Los Angeles in 1997 to study fashion, launched his first label in 1999, and immediately captivated the fashion scene with his avant-garde collections, which were stocked in top retailers before he finished fashion school. Finding himself a rapidly rising star at a young age, Johny put his inevitable success on hold by leaving Los Angeles to travel the world, seeking to break away from the known and nurture his talent in new ways.
During this quest, Dar discovered an organic intelligence which is not traceable in any existing or preceding forms of art. Consequently his hand-drawn art, which informs his designs in every medium he engages, features groundbreaking aesthetic, geometric and mathematical properties. It is this unique style of expression, and his unwavering passion for originality, which forms the bedrock of all Johny Dar’s creations. Upon returning to the industry, he founded the Johny Dar brand as a true lifestyle brand, offering a global audience original artistic experiences across a wide range of mediums, including fine art, fashion, music, photography, body art, multimedia and publishing. His work has been featured in Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Harpers Bazaar, Fault, Hunger, Kaltblut, Aesthetica, Tatler, Flair and many others, and his signature style remains as outstanding in his paintings as in his prints, couture, illustration, sculpture, sportswear and music.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070