- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
‘Yasuni’ is a region of the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador like many regions is a contrast of stunning natural beauty and culture in a struggle to preserve in the face of hungry capitalism exploiting there natural resources and minerals , I was lucky to have been there doing an ‘art exchange ‘ some few years ago and ofcourse memories like those don’t go away ......
Yasuni is a portrait about the people of the Yasuni region in the Ecuadorian rainforest .Faced with looming invasion of multinational oil companies attempting to coherse the region and dominate the natural resources . I am trying to capture the transient beauty within the changing eco systems and vulnearble environment.
Expect intensive mark making, vivid greens and flesh tints and deep yellow ochres.
measures 60 cms x 60 cms and is on mounted wooden pane
I am a painter and based in London and South America.
My art is a cry for freedom from the critical times we are currently facing worldwide, as afther I guess I also envisage struggle from the point of view for my own child. My work is about humanity using expressive brushwork, colour and subject matter inspired by travel and life ,seeing the underlying beauty in human struggle and the seductive visuals of nature. I also use 35 mm film photography , to create ideas and subject matter.
This piece was written recently about my work by Bouwienn from Try it art in Canada. "Charley’s subject matter, especially his portraits, is heavily influenced by South America, and ancestral reflections. For him, art is about one world, understanding the other; learning from and about each other. It is about acceptance, and freedom of identity, capturing this cultural heritage on canvas. Facial features, expressions, feelings of struggle, and the beauty or sadness of it. Sometimes revealed, sometimes more outward. It is all part of the process of painting for Charley. With an end-result that is not about the aesthetics. “I start with pretty and nice, then I mess it up in a way and go back in to fix it. A painting is not complete without that struggle: did I go too far, did I truly ruin it this time? I cannot leave a painting until I have worked through that state of angst. But I have the freedom to let the process take place. I am an artist, not a designer.”
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070