- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Triptych. Portrait of Ivy
This is one of the 3 portraits of my friend Ivy. It was quite different from my usual very abstract and expressive way of painting, however equally interesting and exciting.
As an artist, I seek to create dramatic impressions through strong contrast, vibrant colours, dense mass of paint and various textures. I concentrate on abstract painting, which is my expression of the contemplation of life and the reflection of our inner world. My art is about feelings and emotions which everyone holds deep inside; about dreams and hope…about passion and joy….about loneliness, fear and loss.
I studied architecture at The Silesian University of Technology in Poland and now live and work in London. Despite my architectural education, art has always been present in my life and has a significant influence on my perception of the world I inherited the love and passion for art and painting from my mother which started my journey into art.
As an artist, I seek to create dramatic impressions through strong contrast, vibrant colours, dense mass of paint and various textures. My art is about feelings and emotions which everyone holds deep inside; about dreams and hope…about passion and joy….about loneliness, fear and loss.
The layers of paint on canvas through colours, textures and shapes articulate the essence of our abstract thoughts and feelings. There are some elements of my paintings formed by “uncontrolled paint movements”. Allowing paint to go its own way, to naturally fill the canvas adds a unique, unexpected element to my work. It is like in life, there is always a hint of mystery…you never know what it can bring or take away.
Earlier works were more focused on abstract and semi-abstract forms inspired by the beauty of nature and the surrounding landscape. By working mostly from memory, I was transforming realistic scenes into an abstract combination of solid forms. These forms were broken by a layer of transparent paint and strong marks, which metamorphosed from what was landscape into much more undefined scenes.
Method of work:
I work mostly with acrylic and oil mediums, using an impasto technique allow me to create a powerful mixture of colours, and to build up a density of mass and forms. By manipulating the oil or acrylic paints with various modelling mediums, I build textures and shapes to create a sense of depth. I prefer to work on larger canvases and create strong palette knife marks and brush strokes. I work a lot in charcoal, pencils and ink to create sketches on paper
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070