- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Before Sunrise shows a stunningly serene geisha against the backdrop of fiery red mountains and a golden rising sun.
This artwork was created using three different processes, the first being the poured and fluid background. I pour and manipulate the paint adding glitter, inks and mica powders in specific areas. Letting this dry completely the geisha was painted in and the gold leaf sun was added. For the last part of the whole process a deep glossy layer of epoxy resin is then poured over the whole painting giving this a distinctly oriental lacquer finish, bringing the painting alive with colour and adding amazing depth.
Elizabeth is a self-taught artist and has been painting for many years. “I am a self-confessed colour addict and I work in many different mediums to capture the essence or feeling of my subject. I like to connect to the soul of whatever I am working on”.
Elizabeth works in many different mediums and has two very distinctive styles, the main one she works predominately on she calls her “CityLife” paintings working mostly with acrylics and resin producing large, abstract and striking pieces. Delving into her Far Eastern roots Elizabeth has been working on a collection of Japanese Red Crowned Cranes, Geisha, Koi and Blossoms.
The other style which she has a lot of fun with is her “CountryLife” where she works in watercolour producing whimsical loose style paintings of animals, birds and some figurative pieces, adding fine detail with ink and fine liner pens. She has completed many commissioned portraits of much loved pets and animals.
Inspiration for her can occur at any time and in any place. Elizabeth has never been confined to one subject, preferring to vary her projects and media. Whether it is capturing the pinpoints of light in a night sky, the deep shades of blue where the sea falls into an ocean chasm or the feeling of movement from a flowing river, nature is a major influence and the inspiration behind most of her work.
She loves the challenge of working with new mediums and experimenting with new effects in painting. Elizabeth’s paintings are created using an exciting range of media including pouring and dripping using fluid acrylics, metallic lustre paints, gold leaf and resin often embellishing with glitter, nail polish, sequins and crystals in very intricate detail. Elizabeth enjoys the gestural abstract approaches of painting while allowing incidents and effects take place in her compositions. Her use of different media and her love of colour has continuously developed and evolved together with her use of resin.
Elizabeth seeks to convince the viewer to engage in conversation and to prompt an emotional reaction. She wants the owner to fall in love and enjoy her art for many years to come.
She has sold works internationally and has many returning clients building on their portfolios of her work.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070