- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
here we have a beautiful little brown trout lime wood sculpture mounted on a mahogany base. All my sculptures are carved by hand no power tools are used only blades and chisels. I only use the best quality lime wood 12 year barn cured guilt free lime wood (wind damaged forestry managed estates). all of my sculptures are one of a kind.
My name is Christian Lancaster; I am a self-taught wood sculptor. I predominantly carve wild life sculptures.
My aim is to bring nature into your home. My goal through my sculptures is to engage your affinity with the natural world and have peoples interest increased in conservation. All my lime wood I use in my sculptures is guilt free barn cured. (Wind damaged from forestry managed estates.) I can offer any wild life animal bird fish or insect, all mounted on individual bases normally hand carved. I am 44 years old and from Chester. i am married with three daughters. I started carving wild life when I was 35. Before this I started carving pike fishing lures. I was a very keen pike fisherman. The pursuit of pike brought me in contact with nature in some breath taking environments’ of the uk. From the highlands of Scotland to the flat open expanse of land and water of the Norfolk broads and all waters in-between. The pike season is in the winter so I would be out in the elements of the British winters for up to five days at a time staying on boats or on the water or bivvied up at the water’s edge. This close contact with nature taught me to observe and study the movement and characteristics of the many animals and insects that populate this amazing countryside and waterway’s of the uk. .Nowadays I don’t go fishing at all. My carving has taken over completely and I would rather be in my workshop carving.
Carving for me now is like going to the best lake catching the best fish, but all from the comfort of home whilst being with my family.
The one thing I do miss about not going fishing anymore is the solitude and the benefits of observing nature without nature observing me. Weather this being from a boat or using my fishing shelter as a hide to observe the ususpecting wild life.
I started carving mainly fish, for myself. As soon as I would finish a fish a friend would buy it off me. Through word of mouth I had more commissions than I could keep up with.
As I have gained more carving experience I have moved onto birds of prey. I have carved three barn owls, goshawk and a full size golden eagle.
I have been lucky enough to have quite a few commissions over in the states and as far away as New Zealand. I also have sculptures in country houses and fine hotels in the u. k.
My most notable commission to date is an Atlantic salmon in the Ned hotel London.
Last year I also carved a loch ness monster for world renowned chef Grant McPherson. This is currently in Las Vegas.
I can offer unique wild life sculptures carved to order in a pose of your choice any species any size scale from full size to miniature’s
My sculptures are truly one of a kind and I only use the best lime wood. Only barn cured for at least five years. This enables me to guarantee no splits cracking or warping in the final sculpture. .
I can also offer abstract wild life sculpture.
The proses in which I undertake my sculpture’s is a very basic and I only use blades and chisels. No power tools power carvers or burning pens are used so every feather and hair detail you see has all been hand carved with very small v gouges.
The subjects for my sculptures are inexhaustible so I am quite lucky as I am never without fresh ideas. I can carve your favorite animal in the setting of your choice. I can also offer the chance to gift my sculptures to the difficult to buy for people. i.e. the man/woman who has everything and if they like wild life I can guarantee I can recreate their favorite animal.
I can also offer sculptures for the sporting communities. Fishing matches trophies. Fishing catch reproductions. Falconry bird reproductions. Game birds and many more animal related sport’s trophy’s. including racing Pigeon bird reproductions. some of my sculptures have been commissioned for country houses and businesses around the farming community.it is now my goal to spread my conversational
message through my sculptures in a more town or city setting.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070