- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This was shot on a 1970's SX-70 camera using original Polaroid instant film. Ethereal and beautifully organic.
If you need your photographs to be pin sharp then this is not for you. Note the processing chemical leakage in the image at the bottom, this is intentional and will not be retouched out.
The actual image size is 45.7cm x 45.7cm presented within the 76cm x 76cm frame
Sophocles was born in 1961 in Chelsea – not the posh part but in a basement and delivered by his father. A fitting start to life for someone who comes from a long line of peasants. Having Greek-Cypriot parents and growing up in a Cypriot community, there were only a few career options open for a smart Cypriot lad: Doctor, Lawyer or Teacher. Once it had been established that the gene-pool he had inherited would not stretch to such dizzy heights, great words of wisdom were spoken by his father – ‘son, be a barber – everybody needs to have their haircut.’
Alas, the now established average Cypriot young man had become a Bouzouki player in a band playing at weddings and in the hashish dens of London. Ironically, this is where Sophocles developed his people skills so vital in social photography. The transition into photography was rapid and success followed quickly. The string of awards and qualifications he holds is proof of his passion for photography. So now his father and mother and the entire village back home are well pleased and thank God he gave up the Bouzouki playing – the night life was no life for a married man.
Sophocles has been lucky enough to have traveled the world with his assignments and during these trips he has finally compiled a collection of his own personal Fine Art Photography all available as Limited Edition Prints. Enjoy the collection.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070