- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
More than just his music, Bowie's gift for telling stories through his songs and inventing the characters and the universe driving it, the act of portraying a song rather than just singing it filled my head with images, his music was all so cinematic.
'Major Tom' is part of a collection of David Bowie inspired works, reminiscent of my first 'Bowie' concert in the summer of 1978 at the Apollo Theatre, Glasgow...."the stars look very different today".
John ‘josimo’ Paterson, essentially a self-taught artist, born in Scotland, 1961.
Making art has always been a way of communicating for me.
As a child my drawings would create a reaction, an excitement, a fascination.
My ability to draw and paint would attract people to me, establish the friendliness and familiarity of a real connection without the need on my part to talk and explain myself with too many words.
My time is divided between a working life at sea to the quiet confines of my home studio in North Ayrshire, on the outskirts of Glasgow.
My style can adapt to my state of mind, during my time onboard the ship, away from the everyday happenings of the real world, my world creatively opens up ideas for potential works where I will subsequently explore by conjuring initial line drawings in preparation for my homecoming and back into the studio.
As a teenager growing up in the seventies I was heavily influenced through David Bowie, more than just his music, Bowie's gift for telling stories through his songs and inventing the characters and universe driving it, the act of portraying a song rather than just singing it filled my head with images, it was all so cinematic.
After his unexpected death my art returned to those days, reliving those characters in the songs and bringing them back into my scope of works.
My featured works focus on my 2017 collection.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070