- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This is a strong dramatic painting which embodies exultation and boldness in the way we deal with the obstacles of life. Although depicting flowers, it is a powerful statement piece embodying the strength as well as delicacy of the blooms.
The style is fluid, loose and mesmerising.
The artwork is painted through to the edges of the canvas to give a feeling of flow and continuity.
The coloured flower alone is finished to a high gloss varnish. The other areas are left matt, so the flower image is incredibly striking and vibrant.
“You're never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” - C. S. Lewis
A scientist by training, I decided I needed to exercise the right side of brain and fulfil my absolute joy of painting. I am an enthusiastic artist. Big, bright and bold is my style; I can’t seem to tone it down really, in fact I'm getting slightly too exuberant occasionally. I enjoy painting animals, landscapes and flowers.
I enjoy experimenting with unconventional combinations and creating the unexpected. My motto is, it really is:
“...don't be afraid to experiment. It's not brain surgery - no-one will die!”
I strive to capture the luxuriance of blousy peonies and roses in a fresh and contemporary style, using thick swathes of paint to create a semi-abstract swirly style of painting. I’m absolutely delighted when it works. My style is inspired by the impressionist painters, surely Monet is near perfect. I must also include Georgia O’Keefe and more contemporary artists like Simon Bull and Andrew Salgado.
In the past I have sold my work through Castle Galleries, The Mall Galleries, Buckingham Fine Art Publishers, The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation and The Wey Gallery.
I live at home with my husband, and have two grown-up children. I stopped working when they were young and have totally enjoyed, and am still enjoying, my busy life.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070