- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
A juvenile dolphin gull walks on a sandy beach in the sunshine with the sea in the background. It has a grey and white breast, brown wings, a multi-coloured head and an orange beak and legs. Shot with a Nikon D810 on Saunders Island in the Falklands in February 2016.
ISO 64, 400mm, f/8, 1/500
I wanted to be a photographer when I was 15, but my mother said I could always take it up later – so that was that for 30 years! Here’s to what might have been…
I turned professional in 2013, and I now focus mainly on wildlife photography. I’ve taken pictures in 24 countries on all seven continents with my Nikon D800 and D810 digital SLRs and a range of lenses and accessories.
If you’d like to rent or buy a print or hire me for a talk, a lesson or a photo shoot, please contact me through LumiArts.
• sold over 6,000 images to buyers including the Evening Standard, The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, Express, Daily Mail Online and Lonely Planet
• provided the cover picture for a magazine
• sold 36 prints to private collectors, including the owner of a new luxury hotel in Hong Kong
• sold over 200 greetings cards and postcards at exhibitions and through Gerhold in Putney and Willow Bough Tea Rooms
• worked for clients including a tennis club, a milliner, a local councillor, a tuition agency and a procurement consultancy
• published books on India, Antarctica and a local wedding
• won the weekly Sunday Times/Audley Travel Big Shot competition (and was runner-up twice)
• won Best in Show at Fusion Art's 3rd Annual Animal Kingdom Art Exhibition in January 2018 (and was an Exhibition Finalist with three other images - see video)
• won the Exodus Travels Monthly Photo Competition (and was runner-up)
• won Gold Awards in the Wildlife and Nature categories of The Societies Photographic Competition
• won National Geographic's Photo of the Day award twice (here and here), both images being chosen for Best of Photo of the Day 2017, and was chosen for the National Geographic Daily Dozen
• finished third in the Xposure 2017 Wildlife Photography Competition
• won a Mark of Excellence in the I SHOT IT Wildlife Photo Competition 2017
• won the Judge’s Award in four Pixoto competitions (Best Zebra, Wolves, The Art of Fly Fishing and Only Yellow Birds)
• was included in the editors' favourites for the National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Contest 2016
• was runner-up in the Guardian readers' travel photography competition
• was shortlisted in the Wildlife Insight category of the 2017 Outdoor Photographer of the Year award
• was runner-up several times in The Daily Telegraph's weekly Big Picture competition (here, here, here, here, here, here and here)
• was runner-up in the Reader Gallery of Outdoor Photography
• provided one of the Editors' Picks in the ZEISS Photography Award 2018
• won an Honourable Mention in the 2017 Neutral Density Photography Awards
• was Highly Commended in the Society of International Wildlife and Nature Photographers' Life on Earth and Wonders of Wildlife competitions
• was Commended in The Colour Brown, a competition run by Photocrowd
• won a Special Merit award and a Special Recognition award in Light Space & Time's Nature Art Exhibition and finished 10th in the photography category
• was chosen by 508 King's Road as an artist-in-residence
• recorded six videos with Coinaphoto, covering Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America and the polar regions
• gave photography talks on an Antarctic cruise ship and at the SW19 Women's Institute, Malden Camera Club, Watford Camera Club and Putney Library
• helped run a photography course at a local library
• gave lessons to five amateur photographers
• had a shot of a Bengal tiger chosen to appear in the Exodus Travels 2018 calendar
• had an image chosen by The Photographer Academy for their Photo Critique
• received over 19,000 likes on the National Geographic Instagram page for my elephant giving itself a dust bath and nearly 25,000 likes for my bear catching a salmon!
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070