- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
'Interwoven XIX' is an original painting on black plexiglass created using a mix of techniques with layers of acrylic paint, inks and a few collage pieces to create texture and depth.
This abstract painting features a striking colour palette including metallic and iridescent paints, blue, green, red, copper, gold and silver.
This painting is part of my Interwoven Series, which continues my Life's Tapestry theme exploring the idea of the varied paths we travel and the deliberate and the unintentional changes of direction that we make along the way.
Plexiglass is an unusual and a challenging surface to paint on - two of the reasons I choose to work with it! :-) I also love the reflective qualities of the surface and the 3D aspect it gives to my work.
This very contemporary abstract art is painted on high quality black plexiglass.
The plexiglass is fixed to the wall through at least two of the four chrome standoffs provided. Simply add the correct screws for your type of wall. It's straightforward and I provide hanging guidelines.
The painting sits approximately 9mm off the wall due to the standoffs, giving an almost 3D effect. The plexiglass itself is approximately 6mm thick.
The painting is varnished.
The work is signed on the front and the back.
A Certificate of Authenticity is provided.
SIZE (H x W)
40 x 80cm | approx . 16 x 32 inches
Please note: in situ room image(s) for illustration purposes only. Art may not be shown exactly to scale. Please check the dimensions provided.
There may be variation in colours depending on the settings and calibration of the monitor or screen you are viewing.
I package my paintings very carefully in strong cartons with lots of layers of protective materials.
If you have any questions about the painting, please don't hesitate to ask! :)
© Jayne Leighton Herd. All rights reserved.
Jayne Leighton Herd creates dynamic abstract worlds of beautiful colour and texture, often inspired by the intricate paths and patterns of the rich tapestry of life, and by the natural world. She rarely stops designing in her head, letting ideas, shapes and mental snapshots meld and take form until they become the basis of a design, a painting or a series of work.
She works with different surfaces, including canvas, plexiglass and metal, and mainly in acrylics, to great effect. The resulting textile-like paintings offer detailed patchworks of vibrant woven colour, bold, sweeping strands of interweaving metallic and iridescent paints, and drips that descend like loose threads. Giving the viewer many layers and details to observe and enjoy, plus the often overwhelming desire to touch!
She recently introduced a new collection of abstract designer wall clocks.
Jayne is a professional artist and designer based in Berkshire. Her design background, including advertising creation and graphic design, not only helped enhance her natural artistic and design skills, but honed her instinctive flair for colour and taught her to value attention to fine detail.
Jayne regularly undertakes commissions for bespoke art for both private and commercial clients, which she loves. Her paintings feature in private collections in the UK and abroad, including the USA, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, and many European countries.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070