- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Living by the river I get to see all it's moods throughout the year. It changes the way it looks almost on a daily basis and sometimes hour by hour, a different look with every tide. I was struck by the strange colours of the sky and the cloud formations of this January midday scene. I like the graphic effect of the painterly capture.
NB. The room setting pictures are not to scale and are just intended to give some idea of what the picture looks like (could be framed or unframed) on a wall.
I was born in Manchester, England, but my home is in Essex where I have lived for many years on the River Thames Estuary. I have been taking photographs on and off for over thirty years. At the beginning I took photographs purely as references for paintings or for use in graphic design projects when I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else. Over time photography became my passion and later, my job. Even though I was a moderately successful painter with my work finding it's way to clients around the world I gave up painting some years ago. I could never seem to find the time to do both as well as I wanted. In those years, I also dabbled with music and played guitar in an extremely average 'covers band' called 'Flashback'. I came to realise that I could be just as creative with a camera, painting with light on film or, more recently since the advent of digital photography, painting with pixels, as I could with paint on a brush. I began to show my work in exhibitions, galleries, print fairs, restaurants, cafés and anywhere that would have me! Now, years later, my work is pretty much worldwide either in photo libraries, in print or as artworks on the walls of my many clients. Today, I cover many facets of photography, in fact I'll tackle almost anything - I love the challenge that photography offers. Getting the image right is important to me so I tend to have a plan worked out before a shoot, but as with most things in life, things don't always go to plan and being prepared to adapt to changing conditions is a necessary prerequisite for a photographer as I have discovered many times during my career. I hope you enjoy some of my work.
I was enrolled as a Licentiate of The Royal Photographic Society in 2010.
POPPIES - WAVE - Nationwide tour.
By Paul Cummins, Artist and Tom Piper, Designer.
12 April - 25 June 2017
The breathtaking sculpture Wave, a sweeping arch of bright red poppy heads suspended on towering stalks, was originally seen at the Tower of London as part of the installation Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red.
At the Barge Pier, The Garrison, Shoeburyness, Southend-on-Sea.
Appointed as 'Official Photographer' for this event. My coverage takes in the build, to the official launch and then throughout the display period.
SILK RIVER PROJECT 2017
I am really pleased to announce my involvement in the exciting Silk River 2017 Project as a documentary photographer.
This ambitious project explores the unique relationship between London and Kolkata through a year’s artistic exchange between communities along the Thames Estuary and Hooghly River. Artistic director Ali Pretty – working in collaboration with associate artistic director Ruchira Das and an international team of contemporary and traditional artists, writers and photographers will capture and interpret the experience of journeying along these mighty rivers.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070