- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Saffi is the Maltese word for layers and the inspiration for this piece is the rich and vivid palette of Malta; the bright blues of the sky and the crystal clear waters around the island and the vivid red and purples of the numerous churches. The abstracted imagery within the painting also reflects the religious undertones which play a huge part in my cultural and childhood memories.
This is a completely unique and original artwork, and is signed on the back. Saffi 2 is framed and ready to hang.
I live and work in West London, and since graduating from Chelsea College of Art I and have had my work exhibited across the U.K.
Through my work I question the fidelity and validity of our personal histories and our perceptions of them, which in turn challenge our concepts of personal identity and self. Our memories are fragile and can be readily manipulated; during their retelling we often incorporate false or assumptive elements, which subtly reshape them. The act of remembering is an act of creation.
I interpret the concept of memory construction in my paintings by exploring how materials react and interact with each other. The drying time between applications, the order of layering and choice of media all contribute to a continuously changing outcome. Each layer interacts with and changes those that precede and follow it whilst retaining its own properties. The acrylic pieces are viewed from the ‘underside’.
My paintings are drawn from memories and abstracted such that the elements collate to form an emotional response using colour, rather than a literal interpretation. My work mainly calls upon my own experiences and childhood memories from Malta as source material.
The metallic inks within the paintings change their appearance as the viewer navigates around the room, and in doing so creates different viewing experiences from multiple angles.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070