- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
An original watercolour painting from my River Thames series. Made using professional artist materials.
Supplied framed in a bespoke handmade hardwood frame, this picture is ready to hang. Packed safely and shipped with care and efficiency. Tracking details will be provided.
Height – 90 cm
Width – 92 cm
Depth – 3 cm
Landscape paintings for me are spaces that can free the imagination. They also show ways in which to engage with and appreciate the landscapes that are local to you.
It is important for me to paint in the landscape itself. Being in one spot over a day, I’m immediately aware of how much change happens in the weather, the wildlife, nothing is still for very long, and I get absorbed by the changing moods of the landscape.
I don’t aim to paint exactly what’s there. Rather, I balance representation with how the place makes me feel, continuously interpreting and designing. Pictorially I think of my images as being somewhere in between abstraction and representation.
Painting in all weathers can be challenging. Working through a storm with rain drops bouncing off the wet paper is a risky way to make a painting. However these unplanned surprises can add so much to a piece, so I persevere.
At the end of it all I hope to have paintings and drawings that stimulate. I am particularly attracted to the river Thames, the reflections in the water are a constant inspiration. The riverbanks are beautiful at all times, I aim to celebrate this in my pictures.
Falmouth College of Arts, BA (Hons) Fine Art, Painting
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070