- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
This is a digital remix of the painting 'Rusted Revolutions'.
A reflection of the death of the revolutionary spirit. What have we lost when the last real revolutionary left us?
Interspersing found images of Che Guevara with my own photography to create a vision of radical geometric revolution.
Using the original painting as the starting point, photographs and found images the painting is deconstructed and recreated using digital software. Re-imagined or remixing it.
There will only be ten copies of this made then the original file is destroyed.
Dex Hannon was born and studied in Manchester and now resides in Yorkshire. Based at SOPA Creativa studios in Huddersfield. His work has sold all over the world and is part of several private collections, he has featured in books and magazines, recently chosen as one of the top 50 artists for the magazine Art Share Love. His work is influenced by artists such as Mark Rothko and Gerhard Richter.
Abstract Expressionist, taking on the world one brush stroke at a time. Using contrast, through mixing of styles, techniques and bold colour choices he creates a battle for the viewers attention between foreground and background. A visually defined argument or discussion upon the canvas’s surface. When Dex has finished the painting.
Sometimes the painting will be the end...
...sometimes the painting is ‘digitally remixed'. Using photographs and software, he remixes the original painting to create a different interpretation. This style of working harks back to his childhood. When the remix first began in music. Where a song would be released with a remix as the B-side. Sometimes the remix would become bigger than the original song, it took on a life of its own and would be hardly recognisable to the original sound, but it owed its life to that original song without it, it couldn't exist.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070