- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Mounted, framed and ready to hang.
Nude portrait of a girl, influenced by Alberto Giacommetti.
Ink, watercolour and pen on paper.
This piece captures the haunting power of the female form and its complexities.
Beautiful, original paintings, portraits, quilling, illustration and sculpture from Sarah Maie Art.
Born in South London UK 1975 and inspired by the works of Alberto Giacometti, Turner and influenced by Japanese manga, Sarah is a talented and professional contemporary fine artist who now lives and works in Berkshire, United Kingdom. She loves to work with colour, light and many different materials.
Sarah's new resin series is entitled 'Matter'. These works express human appetite for destruction and our failure to respect the natural wonder and beauty of the world. It is this very essence which we fail to see whilst striving to find more, to find better, to find what matters. We want to breathe it all in and yet we are suffocating ourselves. We fail to realise how insignificant and fragile our existence is in the universe, how visionary we are and yet how blind we have become and how much truly hangs in the balance.
Educated in London Schools of Art & Design, at a young age she mastered life drawing and figurative illustration. Although painting was always her first passion, Sarah worked for many years with sculpture. In her twenties and after her education she chose a career path to develop her commercial awareness within the corporate industry where she worked for almost six years designing and developing packaging, corporate identity and design projects. Now Sarah works from her home studio and has returned to her first love of painting and drawing.
Sarah has enjoyed just a few select exhibitions and has worked with interior designers in Berkshire and Surrey. She presently has artworks hanging in galleries, private homes, bars, hotels and restaurants around the world. Her largest collection hangs at the Royal Yacht Hotel in Jersey.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070