- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
The Template series dates back to 2012 and I have created several versions since experimenting with the technique of pouring. The paint is poured onto fluorescent white, I mix the colour specifically to the shade I want and the preparation is essential to the final result, I control the paint as it flows but it has a life of its own so I can never be sure of the shapes, the canvas is left flat until paint is totally dry and only when I place it upright on the wall can I see the final image, it is always exciting and each one is totally unique, it is impossible to replicate. These works contrast to my other series in that they are more organic in aspect and just use one colour on white, the simplicity of the technique and colour palette contrasts with the complexity of the shapes within the image.
Having always chosen to live and work in the urban city, first in London and during the last 14 years, Barcelona and now back in London, my art is inspired by the collective experience of contemporary living. City life is filled with an array of imagery; from airport and train station digital monitors to pixilated television and computer screens in the home; city landscapes lit up at night; supermarket shopping aisles and their myriad of packaging, lighting and random colour combinations. I am fascinated by this imagery and combine aspects of this reality to create an equivalent visual experience. The relationship between urban living and all its technology is a recurring theme and influence in my work.
I work in series so I can explore and expand an idea that develops with each painting. Experimenting with colour, mark making and technique allows each work to have it’s own uniqueness whilst retaining the concept and connection to each other. Although each painting belongs to a series it is very much intended to stand alone both visually and conceptually.
Ultimately my intention is to reproduce without representing, evoke without illustrating and express without formulating.
My work is collected all over the world in private and corporate collections.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070