- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
The title Flux refers to the fluidity and movement of the paint and the way it changes as viewed. The paint is a mixture of pure and mixed colours, metallic and fluorescent which vibrate and contradict in harmony and disharmony yet overall form a unified image. The paint is dragged and poured in bands working methodically across the canvas so I have to make careful choices about the colour and tone next to each to keep the image balanced and fluid. I don’t see the final piece until the canvas is fully covered. The colours and tones are never repeated so this series offers endless combinations and possibilities in both large and small format.
Having always chosen to live and work in the urban city, first in London and during the last 14 years, Barcelona and now back in London, my art is inspired by the collective experience of contemporary living. City life is filled with an array of imagery; from airport and train station digital monitors to pixilated television and computer screens in the home; city landscapes lit up at night; supermarket shopping aisles and their myriad of packaging, lighting and random colour combinations. I am fascinated by this imagery and combine aspects of this reality to create an equivalent visual experience. The relationship between urban living and all its technology is a recurring theme and influence in my work.
I work in series so I can explore and expand an idea that develops with each painting. Experimenting with colour, mark making and technique allows each work to have it’s own uniqueness whilst retaining the concept and connection to each other. Although each painting belongs to a series it is very much intended to stand alone both visually and conceptually.
Ultimately my intention is to reproduce without representing, evoke without illustrating and express without formulating.
My work is collected all over the world in private and corporate collections.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070