- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
The forms are based on chance paint drips, which I then copy exactly as found and by doubling and flipping turn into the design. This is then laser cut in acrylic sheeting and the pieces applied to a painted paper surface.
The meaning is hopefully playful, unexpected and humorous.
Brigitte Radecki was born in Germany and currently lives and works in Montreal and Cape Breton Island, Canada. She received her BFA and MFA from Concordia University in Montreal and has shown her work throughout Canada and Europe as well as, Dallas Texas. She has had several solo exhibitions in Montreal, Quebec, including at the Museum of Contemporary Art. She has been a recipient of grants from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Conseil des Arts et desLettres du Quebec and was represented by Galerie Christiane Chassay in Montreal for twenty years. Her work is in private as well as corporate, and public collections such as the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Canada Council Art Bank, Air Canada and the National Bank of Canada.
She has paintings in a hotel in New Orleans and prints in a hotel in New Jersey, US.
ABOUT THE WORK:
Brigitte Radecki is an artist of meticulous methodology, and both her paintings and reliefs are made with great care and marvelous design. By imbedding abstraction into the fabric of everyday life, and by inviting the viewer to participate in its meaning, she draws attention to the fact that there is art and beauty in the everyday.
Radecki’s laser cut works are small gestures towards modernist pop culture. She finds treasures and pleasure in the smallest and most impossible places and uses them as images and working methods. There is humour in the whimsical disarray of tiny creatures dancing around each other and casting shadows on coloured planes. There is stanza and pause, pianissimo and forte: she articulates and plays with chance, illusion, shapes, forms, colours, and relief.
Tong Shen 2015
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070