- Product info
- About the artwork
- About the artist
- Delivery & Returns
Beautiful vibrantly coloured three colour silk screen print on toughened glass. This is from a series of portraits, ready to hang, very stylish and contemporary, with Pop Art influences. Modelled on the beautiful and stylish Audrey Hepburn. Please check out the others in the series, they look lovely hanging in pairs or threes, with carefully chosen coordinating colours. You're most welcome to view at my studio in NW11 London.
Having trained at the Royal Academy of Music Esbe worked as a classical musician until a rare RSI diverted her path to a career in art. Inspired and influenced by her uncle, a graphic designer/illustrator for the film industry, she held her first solo art exhibition in 2014. She lives in London with her partner and aged, almost deaf - but still sprightly - tabby cat.
Esbe's work is mainly figurative and is influenced by the delicate draughtsmanship of the Art Deco era and the vibrant colours of Pop Art. She also works as a graphic designer which brings a bold contemporary feel to her fine art practise. Every image begins with a line drawing, the curves and flow being the most important source of the idea. Particularly inspired by faces and the human form in fluid motion, Esbe pares down each element and feature to the bare minimum necessary to convey a mood or attitude. She then finds it joyous to bring these lines to life with colour – finding the right combination, sometimes vibrant, sometimes subtle.
Original paintings are usually paired with a glass piece. Esbe began experimenting with glass when embarking on her artistic life and has settled on a vocabulary of techniques including deep engraving and water-jet cutting, engraved silver and gold enamel, and printing. New HD digital glass printing techniques are now emulating her first silk screen pieces – the colours wonderfully enhanced by the ceramic ink which is fired into the glass. Favouring solid blocks of colour, this medium creates bold, eye-catching and individual work.
Esbe's most recent project has been to design and commission glass featured furniture. The stylish Panthers Sideboard and Battersea Silhouette Cocktail Cabinet, with doors featuring HD printed toughened glass panels, are the first in her collection. Every piece is made to order with an attention to detail in all aspects of production. Colours can be swatch matched, and sizes and image design customised to compliment interior designer and architect plans. Using matte lacquer and carefully grain-matched wood, in addition to the sideboards, the images are replicated on a range of items including coffee tables and other storage units.
Esbe is a keen cyclist and embarks on at least one exotic tour each year, including to Kyrgyzstan, East Africa, Cuba, and last year, China, where she suffered a high speed crash on the descent of a 4500 metre mountain pass. Landing a few centimetres away from the sheer drop, she somehow only sustained bruising and grazing, and says she'll be back on the bike again soon. Her love of the freedom of cycling inspired the first of her 'Women in Sport' images, a series of eleven paintings paired with a glass piece of elegant silver lines embossed within black glass.
Esbe always produces groups of works following a theme. The 'Portraits' series features icons as diverse as Amy Winehouse, Audrey Hepburn and Nelson Mandela. Other eclectic themes explore graphic illustrative interpretations of wildlife, clandestine couples, and 'Identity' – the series she is currently working on. Esbe is always happy to undertake commissions – either personalised versions of existing images on glass or paintings, or entirely new ideas. Indeed, several of her works have originated from commissions or suggestions.
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070