- Artists work
- Exhibitions and Awards
- Delivery details
Kay Ashton is married with a teenage son. She was born in 1967 in Salford but has lived for most of her life in Warrington, Cheshire.
She has had no formal art training to speak of and is mostly self-taught. Kay has always had a flair for drawing but never really took it up until 2011, when she enrolled in watercolour leisure classes when her young son was in primary school. Soon after, Kay progressed to oils as suggested by her watercolours tutor as he felt she would be more suited to it, He was not wrong. Kay knew instantly that this was the medium for her. Incidentally, she also discovered that she had an eye for colour, too. Her artistic journey had begun and she has never looked back.
Kay posted her paintings on social media, just for the enjoyment at first, then friends and family began asking to purchase them, and so it grew from there. Commissions followed along with the website and social media pages where her current following is over two thousand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and growing all the time. As an amateur turned professional in a short space of time, Kay is constantly learning, improving and evolving as an artist. Her main focus is to concentrate on her ever-popular vibrant and detailed still life oil paintings featuring lots of reflective surfaces which are becoming her signature style. Other still life subjects favoured by Kay are florals, food and drink, and not necessarily in that order. Sometimes her work will encompass a slightly abstract feel, where the added loosened of these paintings complement the usual detail associated with her work.
46 open listings
- All products are sent to you directly from the Artist 'Sellers'. It is their responsibility to ensure the artwork is delivered in good condition and as stated in the description.
- Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods. Section 75 offers protection for items or services valued from £100 to £30,000, of which at least part of the purchase (such as a deposit) was made with a credit card.
- All 'Sellers' are expected to deliver goods within 10 days within the UK for 'available work'. Please allow upto 15 days for International deliveries. If it is for a 'commissioned' piece of art, then the time frame for delivery will be agreed between the 'seller' and the 'buyer'.
- It is as the discretion of the 'seller' if they wish to send goods 'Tracked', or for Saturday delivery, or Internationally.
- If there is any issue in delivering the goods within the 10 day time frame, for normal available goods, you will be notified of the updated delivery date. The same applies for 'commissioned' artwork.
- For information regarding your delivery please contact the 'seller' directly or alternatively, contact us for assistance on +44 (0)207 101 5070